Friday, January 28, 2011

A Birth: Olivia ~ 30 November 2003

A photographic revisit of some of the events that took place during my pregnancy with you, and on the day you were born.



Yes, I did have to triple check (over the course of three days actually).


I thought I was going to lose you and Dad rushed me to the clinic. I was very relieved when I saw you.


I had to have a lot of ultrasounds with you. Fluid checks, monitoring. It seems the fluid was a little low at some point in my pregnancy. I was also high risk due to having only half a functioning uterus (and because of the scare at six weeks). They told me I most likely wouldn't make it to term with you, but we proved them wrong.










The day before you were born we celebrated Thanksgiving. We decided to wait for Oma and Opa to come up so we could have one last feast before you came along. I fought with the doctors to keep you in until after the week of Thanksgiving. We scheduled a cesarean for the day before your due date. In all honesty, I was hoping to go into labor on my own because they said they would possibly allow a vba2c (vaginal birth after 2 cesareans). Didn't happen that way, but you arrived safe and sound so I'm grateful for that.

We had to be at the hospital at 6am. Dad was awesome, comforting me as I went through my roller coaster of emotions.





View from our room:




~ Olivia Grace ~ born at 10:06am


















Heading home:


When you were just a few days old:



Your birth day in history

Billboards #1 song on your birth date: "Stand Up" ~ Ludacris featuring Shawnna

No comments:

Post a Comment